Innovation Week Cardiff
Location: Tramshed TECH, Pendyris St, Cardiff, CF11 6BH
Start: 24th April 2017 - End: 27th April 2017
Event Time: Full day event
The Future Cities Catapult is delivering Cardiff Innovation Week (24 – 27 April 2017), a programme of innovative events and engagement opportunities for the city.
Hosted at Tramshed Tech, this pop-up programme has three aims:
1) to identify and connect with SMEs and entrepreneurs in the city with innovation urban solutions and services who would benefit from joining our SME support programme;
2) to offer our expert perspective and insights as a contribution to existing urban innovation / future cities conversations in the city and region (and to play a convening role in drawing in expertise from other Catapults; and
3) to improve our collective understanding of the city and region as a place – its ambitions, challenges and unique assets that could form the basis of further collaborative efforts to enhance the city as a great place to live, work and play.
As part of Innovation Week – Cardiff, the Future Cities Catapult is hosting a series of networking events for the city’s leaders, innovators, entrepreneurs, academics and urgent optimists. This will be a chance to meet members of the Future Cities team, forge new connections, and share ideas about the future of Cardiff.
The Agenda is as follow:
Monday, 24th April:
'Launching New Guidance for Data Sharing and Smart Project Planning' – h. 14:00 – 17:00
An interactive session introducing city stakeholders to free leadership guides published by the FCC and the BSI.
- Matt Wood-Hill, Future Cities Catapult
- Saviour Alfino, British Standards Institution
- Jacqui Taylor, Author of ‘PAS 183’, Flying Binary
- Chris Parker, Author of ‘PAS 184’, CS Transform
Tuesday, 25th April:
'Future of Planning' – h. 13:30 – 17:00
Exploring how technology could be used to transform planning and development in Cardiff and across South Wales
- Euan Mills, Urban and Planning Lead, Future Cities Catapult
- Planning experts from local authorities (tbc)
- Business (tbc)
- Academia (tbc)
Wednesday 26th April:
'Health and Mobility' – h. 09:00 – 17:00
Exploring cities as enablers of health and wellbeing and the opportunities for Cardiff.
Speakers to be announced soon.
Thursday 27th April:
'The Future Cities Market Breakfast Event' – h. 09:00 – 10:30
A networking opportunity for SMEs to learn about the future cities market, the role of the Catapult and future opportunities.
- Joe Dignan, leading smart city expert
'DataViz training for SMEs' h. 13:30 – 17:00
A free hands-on workshop for SMEs on effective use of data visualisation run by the Future Cities Catapult’s Cities Lab
Speakers to be announced soon.
'Innovation Week Cardiff – Networking Event' h. 17:00 – 20:00
As part of Innovation Week – Cardiff, the Future Cities Catapult is hosting a networking event for the city’s leaders, innovators, entrepreneurs and urgent optimists. This will be a chance to meet members of the Future Cities team, forge new connections, and share ideas about the future of Cardiff.
As part of the evening, Sam Markey, Future Cities Catapult Head of Relationship Development, will give a short presentation on the role of the Future Cities Catapult, our areas of focus and the themes which have emerged during Innovation Week.
For more information and registration visit https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/innovation-week-cardiff-tickets-33219088187?aff=es2